Words that start with s and end with x
In this post I will talk about words that start with s and ends with x.
The moment I say "s" and "x", the word which pops up in most people's mind is sex. I want you to go beyond sex and think of some other common words.
See that was easy. Right? :)
As per my extensive research:
- There are a total of 70 words that being with s and end with x.
- The smallest words are 3 letters in length while the largest such word has 13 letters.
- 6 letter words are the most common. There are 17 such 6-letter words.
- There are no 12-letter words which begin with s and end in x.
- The average word length of words that start with s and end in x is 7.2
Image Courtesy: ridingthebeast
There are 4 3-letter words with s at the start and x at the end.
- sax - a. An abbreviation for the word "Saxophone". urbandictionary. b. a tool resembling a small axe, used for cutting roofing slate. [Old English seax knife; related to Old Saxon sahs, Old Norse sax] sax. (sæks) thefreedictionary
- sex - No comments
- six - 6. Or, in the Bible, the number 6 symbolizes man and human weakness, the evils of Satan and the manifestation of sin. The number 6 is also associated with Satan in his temptation of Jesus. biblestudy 6 is the smallest integer which isn’t a prime or a square number. Six is the smallest “perfect number” which means that 6 equals the sum of its dividers (3). Six is the only number which is the sum of three consecutive numbers (1+2+3=6). It’s also the only even number which isn’t a sum of odd cubes which are successive. angeltherapy
- sox - a. In Americas, it is the non-standard plural spelling of sock. b. The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) is legislation passed by the U.S. Congress to protect shareholders and the general public from accounting errors and fraudulent practices in the enterprise, as well as improve the accuracy of corporate disclosures. techtarget
#4 Letter Words that start with s and end with x
Image Courtesy: talesbeyondbelief
There is only 1 four letter word which has the s and x combination.
- styx - In Greek mythology, Styx (/stɪks/; Ancient Greek: Στύξ [stýkʰs]) is a deity and a river that formed the boundary between Earth and the Underworld (the domain often called Hades, which also is the name of its ruler). Styx is a river in the underworld, over which the souls of the dead were ferried by Charon, and by which the gods swore their most solemn oaths. b.Styx was also a rock band that specialized in power ballads and reigned from the early 70's to the early 80's. Rather than the just the 80's.
#5 Letter Words that start with s and end with x
Image Courtesy: wikipedia
There are 5 5-letter words with s at the start and x at the end.
- salix - Salix is a genus (the type of the family Salicaceae) of shrubs and trees that have the bracts of the catkin entire and only 2 to 10 stamens and that are widely distributed in temperate and cold regions.
- silex - Silex /ˈsaɪlɛks/ is any of various forms of ground stone. In modern contexts the word refers to a finely ground, nearly pure form of silica or silicate.
- sioux - Sioux is a member of a group of Native American peoples, comprising the Lakota, the Santee, the Yankton, and the Yanktonai, inhabiting the northern Great Plains from Minnesota to eastern Montana and from southern Saskatchewan to Nebraska.
- sorex - Sorex is a type genus of the family Soricidae: shrews.
- strax - strax in Icelandic means immediately, right away. strax in Swedish means soon.
"Great Sphinx of Giza - 20080716a" Taken by uploader, w:es:Usuario:Barcex - Taken by the uploader, w:es:Usuario:Barcex. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Commons.
There are 17 6-letter words with s at the start and end with x.
- sceaux - Sceaux is a commune in the southern suburbs of Paris, France.
- scolex - the anterior end of a tapeworm, bearing suckers and hooks for attachment
- silvex - a toxic selective herbicide formerly used in controlling woody plants.
- skybox - a luxurious enclosed seating area high up in a sports arena.
- smilax - Smilax is a widely distributed climbing shrub with hooks and tendrils
- spadix - Spadix is a a spike of minute flowers closely arranged round a fleshy axis and typically enclosed in a spathe, characteristic of the arums. Derivation: mid 18th century: via Latin from Greek, literally ‘palm branch’.
- sphinx - A sphinx is a mythical creature with, the head of a human and the body of a lion. Source
- storax - Storax is a rare fragrant gum resin obtained from an East Mediterranean tree, sometimes used in medicine, perfumery, and incense. Also a a tropical or subtropical tree or shrub with showy white flowers in drooping clusters. Derivation: late Middle English: from Latin, from a variant of Greek sturax.
- suffix - suffix is placed after the stem of a word to use a word in a different sense. I go. He go-es. es is a suffix.
- syntax - The arrangement of words and phrases to create well-formed sentences in a language. The structure of statements in a computer language.
#7 Letter Words that start with s and end with x
There are 12 7-letter words with s at the start and end with x.
Image Courtesy: ec21
There are 15 8-letter words with s at the start and end with x.
- smallpox - Smallpox was an infectious disease caused by either of two virus variants, Variola major and Variola minor. Smallpox was responsible for an estimated 300–500 million deaths during the 20th century. Source.
There are 7 9-letter words that begin with s and end with x.
There are 6 10-letter words that begin with s and end with x.
- sceuophylax - SCEUOPHYLAX is a sacristan in the early church and in the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- speculatrix - A female spy.
Image Courtesy: urbismagazine
There is only 1 13-letter words that begin with s and end with x.
- sequestratrix - Sequestratrix is a female sequestrator. A Sequestrator is One who sequesters property, or takes the possession of it for a time, to satisfy a demand out of its rents or profits.
You may also like:
Super Long English Words
Different Colors of Potatoes
6 Interesting Facts about Pizza
Country that Drinks the Second Most
Country that Eats the Most
That's it. Thank you for reading Words that Start with s and end x. Please show your appreciation by sharing and/or leaving a comment.